WORKING TOGETHER TO HELP OTHERS...
Choose from 1 of 3 levels
PLATINUM LEVEL – DONATIONS - SUPPORTING THE ARTS
100% of the sale price is applied to The Exchange's grant and scholarship program.
- 100% of the net proceeds of your item will help support Sarasota and Manatee counties local ARTs community, as well as students pursuing a higher education in the ARTS. Grants and scholarships are awarded annually in June.
- Drop and Go Anytime. Donations are appreciated and graciously accepted at any time during regular business hours, which are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday. Simply drop your donation off in the business office or ask one of the associates in the furniture department for assistance.
- FREE pick-up of pre-approved donated items of furniture, partial and full estates. For more information, please contact the business office at 941-955-7859.
- 100% Charitable Deduction for Federal Income Tax Purposes** Tax donation slip upon request.
GOLD LEVEL - CONSIGNMENT - 50/50 SPLIT
50% of the net proceeds is paid to the consignor; the remaining 50% is applied to The Exchange’s grant and scholarship program.
- Easy Consigning - Volunteers will apply your consignment number to each of your items, saving you time.
- DROP and GO Program - Fill out the slip with the header "50-50" at the top, attach the form firmly to your merchandise and place items in the designated area. It's that simple.
- Note: Items unacceptable for consignment will be donated to either the Pines of Sarasota or the Salvation Army to support their mission.
- 50% Charitable Deduction for Federal Income Tax Purposes**
- Make sure you keep a copy of the itemized list you'll receive when The Exchange mails out your consignment check.
SILVER LEVEL - CONSIGN 65/35 SPLIT
65% of the net proceeds is paid to the consignor, the remaining 35% is applied to The Exchange's grant and scholarship program.
- The Exchange pays the highest commission of any other consignment store in town.
- DROP and GO Program - Fill out the slip with the header "Drop and Go" at the top and, attach the form firmly to your merchandise and place your items in the designated area. It's that fast.
- Note: Label each of your items with your account number by using a ballpoint pen and piece of beige masking tape that is approximately 1" long prior to arriving at The Exchange. This helps to ensure that your consignments are properly credited to your account. The Exchange does not provide masking tape for this purpose.
- Items unacceptable for consignment will be donated to either the Pines of Sarasota or the Salvation Army in support of their mission.
- 35% Charitable Deduction for Federal Income Tax Purposes**
- Make sure you keep a copy of the itemized list you'll receive when the Exchange mails out your consignment check.
** Charitable Deduction for Federal Income Tax Purposes: The Woman's Exchange Inc of Sarasota DBA The Exchange is a 501(c) 3 organization dedicated to financially supporting local arts and cultural organizations, as well as students pursuing a higher education in the arts. As a result, a portion of the sale price of your items may qualify as a charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes. For more details specific to your situation, please contact your tax adviser.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com CH3046
I really love The Exchange and the people who work here and what they stand for.
Barbara Stevens, Consignor
ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL INFORMATION
- A check for merchandise sold will be cut the last day of the month and mailed to the consignor within fifteen days after the end of the month.
- All consignments will remain at the original consigned price for 21 days after which they will be marked down up to 25%. After 42 days, items will be marked down up to 50% of the original price. Unless removed by the consignor, items become the property of the Exchange on the 60th day of the consignment period.
- During the 59-day consignment period, the consignor may remove any of his or her consigned items between 9 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Simply locate your items in the store and bring them to the business office where they will be removed from inventory. Only the consignor on record may remove items from inventory.
- Lost checks may be re-issued, but a "stop payment fee" at the bank's current rate must be paid by the consignor. It is the responsibility of the consignor to inform the Exchange of any changes in name, address or telephone number. All checks are void after 90 days and will not be reissued.
- The Exchange is a 501(c) 3 organization dedicated to financially supporting local arts and cultural organization, as well as students pursuing a higher education in the arts. As a result, a percentage of the cost associated with consigning your items with The Exchange may qualify as a charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes. For more details specific to your situation, please contact your tax adviser.
Coming to The Exchange is a great experience. The staff is so friendly & professional. I love it here. I hear birds chirping.
Erica Siegel, Consignor
CONSIGNMENT DAYS AND TIMES:
IMPORTANT: Before bringing in any item for consignment, please call the HOTLINE 941-955-7859 and press 1 for the latest updates.
MONDAYS - APPOINTMENTS ONLY
TUESDAY - 8:30 A.M. TO 12:30 P.M.
Miscellaneous Items, Art Work, Books, DVD's and Mirrors
Note: Oversized Art Work & Mirrors 3'x3' and larger by appointment only.
Fine Jewelry and Gem Stone Appointments/Pre-schedule with the business office at 941-955-7859.
WEDNESDAY - 8:30 A.M. TO 12:30 P.M.
1st and 3rd Wednesday of the Month: Clothing and Accessories
2nd Wednesday of the Month: Linens and Luggage
Subject to change, please call the hotline at 941-955-7859 and press 1 for the latest updates.
Note: Comforters/Duvet/Coverlet and Blankets: Although comforters sell extremely well at The Exchange, they are also bulky, requiring a great deal of space to display. Since these items are also heavy and often difficult to transport, we ask that our consignors only bring in 1 comforter/duvet/coverlet or blanket, 2 if matching, at one time. Since we see up to 200 consignors on any consignment day, only quality linens in pristine condition will be accepted for consignments.
THURSDAY - APPOINTMENTS ONLY
FRIDAY - 8:30 A.M. TO 12:30 P.M.
Miscellaneous Items, Jewelry, Books, DVD's, China and Dishes
Note: Fine Jewelry and Gem Stones – Tuesdays by appointment only.
So much fun to come in. The girls are so delightful and full of energy.
Greg and Carolyn Sutherland, Consignor
MONDAY – FRIDAY BY APPOINTMENTS ONLY
We require photos of all furniture items. Photos can either be emailed to [email protected] along with your phone number or the quickest method is to bring the photos into the store Monday through Thursday between 9 p.m. and 3 p.m. If you have small furniture items that you can easily load into your vehicle (such as lamps, plant stands, accent tables), Linda will gladly look at them for approval Monday thru Thursday, 10 a.m.– 3 p.m. As a courtesy to our customers, The Exchange will schedule the pickup of approved furniture or deliveries. For our clients, the cost is $69.00 per hour round-trip compared to the going rate of $110.00 per hour. There is no charge to pick up donated furniture items. Customers with scheduled approved furniture may bring their items to our loading zone and one of our associates will help unload them between the hours of 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday – Thursday and from 10 a.m. until noon on Friday. Please make sure your consignment number is written on beige masking tape and attached on top of the item in the upper right-hand corner. (Does not apply to donations or 50/50 accounts.)
Note: Pick-up and delivery services are handled by arms length independent contractors. If you have an issue with your delivery it is to be handled between you and the delivery company you're working with. The Exchange receives no money in return for this service and therefore are not responsible for any damage or other incident that could occur as a result of moving furniture.
Coming to The Exchange is such a delight. What is accomplished could not be a better Win, Win! The topping of all is the staff and volunteers! What a Great Gift!
Gayle Anderson, Consignor