2017-2018 Fiscal Year Grant and Scholarship Amounts
The Woman's Exchange awarded a total of $250,500 in June of 2017.
More Than $8 Million Awarded
Thanks to our many volunteers, consignors and shoppers for their on going support and patronage, the Woman's Exchange has been able to award more than $8 million in grants and scholarship in support of our local art community. All of the scholarship and grant monies used for this purpose are generated through the organizations consignment operation. The
- The Woman's Exchange's application process begins Nov. 1 and closes on Jan. 31 of each year. The Woman's Exchange has a firm deadline and therefore applications must be submitted in their entirety before 4:00 pm on Jan. 31.
- In April, the Board of Directors will notify all applicants via email as to whether or not they will be receiving a grant or scholarship.
Each applicant must meet specific eligibility requirements.
- Scholarships are awarded annually to local high school and college students interested in pursuing a higher education in the visual and performing arts. The Woman's Exchange is one of Sarasota and Manatee counties largest scholarship providers
- Applicants must be a resident of Sarasota or Manatee County.
- Relatives of the Woman's Exchange, board members, employees and their relatives are not eligible to apply.
The Woman's Exchange provides grants to support and enrich a variety of programs for local arts and cultural organizations in Sarasota and Manatee counties
- Grants are restricted to organizations whose primary purpose is to promote and/or produce the visual or performing arts.
- Project must take place between July 1, 2017, and June 30, 2018.
- The project must be accessible to the public.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that the project has artistic and cultural merit.
- Applicants must be exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
To help you prepare, below is a list of required documents in the proper order in which they should be submitted for review.
For Scholarships Applicants
- Personal 300 word essay outlining your educational goals, career aspirations and reasons why you consider yourself deserving of a Woman's Exchange scholarship.
- Two signed letters of recommendation from a faculty member, instructor or mentor in your proposed field.
- A copy of your most recent transcript is to be sent directly from the institution to: Woman's Exchange, 539 S. Orange Avenue, Sarasota, Florida, 34236. Attention: Executive Director/CEO
- Two proofs of Sarasota/Manatee County residency if you haven't graduated from a local high school. (If you graduated from a local high school, provide the name of the school and the year of graduation.) Proof of residency may include: Florida driver license, Florida voter registration card, utility bill, lease, etc.
- Prior year copy of IRS Form 1040 of any parent, step-parent, or guardian claiming you as a dependent. Information is confidential & social security numbers should be blacked out.
For Grant Applicants
- Application with required signatures.
- Determination letter from the IRS confirming 501(c) (3) status.
- List of Board of Directors - Include address and occupation for each board member.
- Most recent IRS Form 990 unless available on the "Giving Partners" website.
- Current Audited Statement unless available on the "Giving Partners" website.
- Annual Operating Budget for the Organization
- If you are collaborating with other organizations on the project, include letters from the heads of those organizations stating their artistic and financial involvement in the specific project.
- If you received a grant in the past, please submit one copy of all publicity material with the "original" application copy.
Final Report Required from all Grant Recipients
A final report of grant expenditures for 2016-2017 must be completed and returned to the Woman's Exchange by June 3, 2017. Funds not requested for reimbursement by the June 3, 2017, deadline will be forfeited. No exceptions.
Please include the following information along with a copy of the letter you received:
- Name and contact information of person administering the grant.
- A detailed financial account with receipts substantiating the cost of your project. This report should be presented in the same format as your "Proposed Project Budget," which was submitted with your original grant request.
- Projected and actual expenses, income and attendance are required.
- The report should be signed by the person who administered the grant, as well as the CEO of the organization.
- Please outline in detail how your organization chose to recognize/promote/partner with the Woman's Exchange to help us grow our business and in return, give even more back in the form of grants and scholarship in support of the arts.
Mail to: Woman's Exchange
539 S. Orange Ave.
Sarasota, Florida 34236