Deadlines for 2017-2018 Fiscal Year
The Woman's Exchange's application process begins Nov. 1 and closes on Jan. 31 of each year. The Woman's Exchange has a firm deadline and therefore applications must be submitted in their entirety before 4:00 pm on Jan. 31.
In April, the Board of Directors will notify all applicants via email as to whether or not they will be receiving a grant or scholarship.
Each applicant must meet specific eligibility requirements.
Scholarships are awarded annually to local high school and college students interested in pursuing a higher education in the visual and performing arts. The Woman's Exchange is one of Sarasota and Manatee counties largest scholarship providers.
- Applicants must be a resident of Sarasota or Manatee County.
- Relatives of the Woman's Exchange, board members, employees and their relatives are not eligible to apply.
The Woman's Exchange provides grants to support and enrich a variety of programs for local arts and cultural organizations in Sarasota and Manatee counties
- Grants are restricted to organizations whose primary purpose is to promote and/or produce the visual or performing arts.
- Project must take place between July 1, 2017, and June 30, 2018.
- The project must be accessible to the public.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate that the project has artistic and cultural merit.
- Applicants must be exempt from taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.